Active—use of 2 Chairs
Active—use of dynamic open room space
- Chair vacant—dialogue with part or person or symbol
- Take the place of the person or part yourself, as therapist & respond intuitively to clients needs
- Directors chair, both of you stand and objectify the situation: "what's happening with the client here, when she talks to the psychologist over here"
- Stand by side of chairs progressively step the parts together until there is internal synthesis (Synthesis Walk)
- Play out part externally but with movement action and quite good use of kinaesthetic body information
- Step parts or 'people' together or play out little experiments and intuitively bring together, like 4 above
- Play out dynamics using other people including client and therapist, psychodrama style
- Symbol from dream, person to close eyes and imagine themselves as the symbol, see dream-work h/o
- Create symbol that will fit an intuitive need for client e.g. a shield, or person behind a door
- A mood/part or sensation in body (e.g. knots in stomach) can be used to imagine the person is that part and 'speak internally'
- Bring in 'magical strangers' or anything that will fit a need as in 'Magic circle technique' (see later)
- Use NLP dialogue, "is the part willing to communicate etc"
- Use 5 minute exercise, client just reports feelings only, with one word feeling statements. (See Body Tracking section)